Hello. I suppose it's new years eve again.
I said in this post that I'd revisit why this year has been so great for me again around new years, so here we are. I already talked about working, my Melbourne holiday, and my new penchant for himekaji, but I'd like to touch on anxiety butt-kicking again.
I am in no way shape or form past my anxiety. I know I may never truly be past it. I do however know my triggers, I know how to control and remove myself from stressful situations, and I know how to react to potentially explosive situations. I also know that it took time, patience and a lot of failure to get to this point, and that I still have more to work on. I would like to thank my close friends and family for being understanding when I'm having an off day. I can proudly say I've had so few this year I can count them all on my fingers. That is incredible.
Some other little 2015 highlights:
- I saw Billy Idol live
- I saw Big Bang live
- Adam and I booked our wedding venue and set the date
- I went on my first holiday without my family
- I got really into The Clash and found out that spotify has all of the first wave punk I could ever want (this has made me very happy)
- Adam and I had our engagement party and in my opinion it was a big success for us
- I was able to buy gifts for my friends and familys birthdays and on christmas for the first time ever
- I went from being a back room casual to a junior to a full time employee at my job and have been able to use my hobbies like graphic design at work
- Adam and I chose where we want to live next year once we're married
- I made great new friends (Hi Natalie hi Jess)
- I learnt how to be busy and have been able to juggle work and personal life better and better as the year progressed
- Got really good at speaking to shop clerks and making professional phone calls
- I got a (kind of huge) tattoo
- I fell in love with gyaru and even went out on a limb and started my own gyarusa
Aside from continuing to work on my 21 goals, my resolutions for 2016 are:
I hope you have a safe and happy new year.