Friday, 28 September 2012

Floral op-shop haul!

I majorly hauled at the op shop today. (Yes, I consider spending $25 a big deal.) I had a feeling I was going to finally get more nightgowns for cult party coordinates (I hadn't found any I liked since I bought my first 3 two months ago) and I did! Not only that, but I also stumbled upon two gorgeous spring pieces, a cute straw hat and a novel. Here's what I scored.

Floral dress - $12 
(wait til you see it on!)

Bubblegum pink nightie - $3

Silk nightie - $2

Floral top - $5 

Straw hat - $2

Memoirs Of A Geisha novel - $1

Now look at this damn dress. Gorgeous, right?? The print is kind of old-lady floral, but I'm in love with it anyway. $12 is a bit pricey for a thrifted dress but all the tags were still attached (including the spare button) and the original retail price read $49. I reckon this was a gift that someone didn't really like. Lucky me! I reckon with a petticoat, it could easily become a classic lolita piece. (it's also super soft!)

A more casual, yet still feminine outfit. The shirt sits a little big on me (a bit like a bag, doesn't hug me where it should) so I belted it. I love the almost doily-like trim on the collar and near the bottom. It's a soft, flowy top. Looks like it could be from Liz Lisa!

Isn't it funny how when I go thrifting everything I get seems to go together? Hahah. I'm really excited to incorporate these pieces into my wardrobe and put together more dolly kei and mori girl style coordinates rather than just fairy cult party that I've been stuck with. Florals for spring? Groundbreaking. ;)

Til next!

1 comment:

  1. I love that dress and that top/blouse/thingy. :) I wish this horrible autumn and winter would be over already, because I miss summer and cute dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...