Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Take A Flyer!

I'm sorry if I sound a bit overexcited in this post but I just had a really terrific day.

Danica and I spontaneously decided last night to go into the city together to 'stare at people'. That's really the only plan we had for the day. We ended up just wandering into shops, touching a heap of stuff, harrassing the employees and leaving without buying a thing. We tried on a lot of hats and took a shitload of mirror photos.

Yeah well fuck you too, ticket machine!

This guy had the cutest fluffy jumper with a puppy on it. Creepy stalker shot!



I really want those pink Nikes!



One of the craziest things we did today was hand out pamphlets. Sound pretty unexciting? Just wait.
We were walking to goodness knows where when an asian dude tried to hand us a flyer. I went to take it, but he didn't see me and pulled his hand back just as I reached out. So I thought oh well nevermind, and kept walking. But then his friend yells 'Oi what the hell? Take the freakin' pamphlet!' (or something.) Here proceeds a rant about poor business ethic and how he pulled his hand back while Danica is laughing her ass off, and then I don't know how it happened, but we ended up handing out flyers with them for the next half hour. We weren't getting paid or anything, we were just helping out (and cheering whenever someone actually took the pamphlet.) We didn't even know what the flyers said til about 10 minutes into handing them out- it was an ad for 50% off ugg boots! No wonder no one was taking them. So that was one thing that happened.

After we had McDonalds (of course) we decided to go to Newtown as neither of us had really been before and it has an 'alternative capital of Sydney' reputation. And it's true, we saw heaps of people with body mods and dyed hair, which is somehow comforting when you're wandering around with purple hair, platform sneakers and a studded leather jacket.

Danica somehow managed to not buy a single item of clothing, but I ended up with a skirt from Dangerfield and a top and a jumper from Vinnes (a charity shop). I also tried on a velvet dress but it somehow didn't sit right on me, so I decided to look for a velvet skirt in future instead.

 This looks a lot nicer in person O.o it's more creamy in colour too.

This also has a more creamy tone in person.

This shirt made me laugh so hard I couldn't leave without it!


It was already late afternoon/evening so we decided to head home at that point and got our separate trains.
As I was walking down the driveway to my apartment I noticed a big white Australia Post van, and couldn't help but get a little excited. I took my time getting my keys out of my bag as he did a u-turn in the parking lot, probably staring rather creepily. Then as I'm about to unlock the security door the postman yells 'You're not from Unit 1 by any chance are you?' 'I am!' *runs up to van like a child would to an ice cream truck*
'What's your name?' 'It's either Mandy or Tabitha.' 'What?' 'Well depending on whether we ordered in my mums name or not.' (Fuck, you're an idiot Tabitha.) 'Yep that looks all good' says he, and hands me a package- with Minty Mix on the front! 'Oh my god thankyou so much' I practically squeal and run to the security door to get inside as soon as possible.

My wig is here! My wig is here! My wig is here!


It's so great, I have no words. I'm wearing it right now. Not only did I get the wig, but also a wigcap, a small phone charm, a Minty Mix bumper sticker and a little pink heart peg holding it all together! I'm just over the moon with everything.

So that was my day! I'm so glad I'm over my throat infection and was able to go out and see one of my best friends in the whole wide world. We always have so much fun no matter where we are (:

Til next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...