Saturday, 3 March 2012

Smart Casual

Anyone that knows me can tell you that I'm a massive fan of Target. They actually sell some pretty cute clothes in the teen girls section Free Fusion, and who doesn't love a store with a toys section?
Adam and I went shopping today with the intention of finding a dress for me to wear to a 'smart casual' party, but after popping in and out of a few stores I hadn't found what I had in mind (I had visions of white lace and peter pan collars). So we went to Target, and lo and behold, there was the dress I had imagined. Sadly it was only available in L and XL and I'm miniature, so I'll have to look in another Target some other day. I also found a faux fur coat in leopard print and fell head over heels in love, but the $80 price tag left me heartbroken.
We ended up leaving the store with a sheer black sleeveless shirt and this golden mustard yellow maxi skirt. Usually I'm not one to jump at yellow, but the other two colours available were a cherry maroon and public school blue, and I super wanted a maxi skirt already, so I went for it. I think it would go well with some black suede creepers... any excuse to invest in some.

 Sheer shirt: Target, Necklaces: Gifts/dollar shops, Maxi skirt: Target, Shoes: eBay, Rings: Inherited from grandmother



We also popped into Iristar, a cute little shop that sells stationary, plushies, wigs, phone charms, figures and hair accessories featuring all sorts of Japanese characters. This My Melody plush was half price and I don't actually have any merchandise of her (I know! It's terrible!) so I couldn't leave without her.

We're off to this party now, I hope my outfit is ~smart enough!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...